Float On COVID-19 Safety Protocols
What to expect when coming in for your appointment:
- Do not come in to float if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness. We’re happy to give anyone a refund if they need to cancel because they are feeling any COVID symptoms.
- We’re asking that all appointments are paid for ahead of time, either by booking online or by giving us your credit card info over the phone.
- If this is the first time you’ve ever floated with us (or if you just need a refresher), please watch our walkthrough video before coming in for your appointment.
- We’re requiring everyone wear a mask when entering our shop. Please bring your own mask. You may remove it once you enter your float room.
- We ask that our customers spend only the necessary amount of time in our lobby area.
Changes we’ve made to help keep everyone safe:
Float tanks by their nature are very low risk environments when it comes to the spread of coronavirus. The CDC has stated that there is no evidence that COVID-19 can spread through recreational water, and the fact that we are a business whose primary service is isolation means that interaction between people was already naturally at a minimum.
That being said, we have implemented new procedures and added equipment to help make sure the entire environment of our shop is geared towards reducing any likelihood of disease transmission.
Here are the changes we’ve made to help prevent the spread of coronavirus. Between each float we do a 60-minute disinfection pass, which includes the following:
Just before we “wake up” our floaters, our HVAC system kicks on and begins circulating air through a built-in UVC air scrubber which disinfects the air as it passes through.
- We then apply an EPA approved surface disinfectant to the entire room.
- It has always been and will continue to be our practice to run a filtration cycle on the salt solution in the float tank after every client. This involves running the entire salt solution through a 1-10 micron filter, and past a UV disinfection system, in addition to the use of hydrogen peroxide.
- Our lobby will be closed to seating, and everyone will be asked to go directly to their float room upon entering our shop, and asked to please exit our shop after their appointment.
- Appointment times are slightly staggered, minimizing the the amount of contact between our customers.
- Our staff will be wearing masks at all times.
- All staff members are, of course, required to stay home if they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- We have reduced our staff to only have one person in our shop at a time, to reduce potential transmission.
- We have replaced many items in our lobby and bathroom to create a hands-free experience in our shop (motion detector sink and paper towel dispenser, button-less water cooler, etc). We also conduct regular disinfection of all contact points throughout our space.
Thank you for your understanding and consideration with all of these changes. We’re excited to be able to provide Portland with floats again, and are determined to do so in as safe a manner as we can. Please reach out to us if you have any further questions or concerns. Float on.