Float On COVID-19 Safety Protocols
What to expect when coming in for your appointment:
- Do not come in to float if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness. We’re happy to give anyone a refund if they need to cancel because they are feeling any COVID symptoms.
- We’re asking that all appointments are paid for ahead of time, either by booking online or by giving us your credit card info over the phone.
- If this is the first time you’ve ever floated with us (or if you just need a refresher), please watch our walkthrough video before coming in for your appointment.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car and call us to let us know that you’re here. We will either let you know you can come in, or send you a text letting you know when your room is ready.
- We’ll need to ask everyone a set of COVID screening questions before we can let you into the shop (as required by the state).
- We’re requiring everyone wear a mask when entering our shop. Please bring your own mask. You may remove it once you enter your float room.
- When you enter our store, we’ll need to take your temperature (using a contactless infrared thermometer).
- We ask that when you come in you please proceed directly to your float room, and once you exit your float room at the end of your session, you proceed directly to the exit. We’re trying to minimize any possible interactions between our clients.
Changes we’ve made to help keep everyone safe:
Float tanks by their nature are very low risk environments when it comes to the spread of coronavirus. The CDC has stated that there is no evidence that COVID-19 can spread through recreational water, and the fact that we are a business whose primary service is isolation means that interaction between people was already naturally at a minimum.
That being said, we have spent the time during our closure changing many of our procedures and equipment to help make sure the entire environment of our shop is geared towards reducing any likelihood of disease transmission.
Here are the changes we’ve made to help prevent the spread of coronavirus:
- We are reducing the number of floats we offer in a day by half so that we can do a thorough 2-hour disinfection pass in the float tanks and the float rooms between every single customer.
- While we have always used an EPA-registered disinfectant to clean the surfaces between every person, we have now purchased a commercial grade high temperature steam cleaner that we will use to thoroughly disinfect the entire interior surface of the float tank between each use.
- We have also installed a sanitizing “air scrubber” in our HVAC system, which circulates the air in our space past a UV and Ozone cleaning system.
- It has always been and will continue to be our practice to run a filtration cycle on the salt solution in the float tank after every client. This involves running the entire salt solution through a 1-10 micron filter, and past a UV disinfection system, in addition to the use of hydrogen peroxide.
- Our lobby will be closed to seating, and everyone will be asked to go directly to their float room upon entering our shop, and asked to please exit our shop after their appointment. Everyone will be asked to wait in their car or outside until their float room is ready for them.
- All appointments will start 5 minutes apart, minimizing the possibility that anyone will run into someone else as they enter and exit our shop. (If you are coming as a group, you may all arrive at the earliest start time you have booked.)
- Our staff will take their temperatures both before they come in and when they arrive to ensure they do not have a fever. All staff members will of course be asked to stay home if they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Our staff will be wearing masks at all times.
- We have reduced our staff to only have one person in our shop at a time, to reduce potential transmission.
- Our staff will maintain a 6-foot distance from you as much as possible. For first timers, we have made a filmed version of our walkthrough speech to minimize interaction.
- We have replaced many items in our lobby and bathroom to create a hands-free experience in our shop (motion detector sink and paper towel dispenser, button-less water cooler, etc). We will also be doing regular disinfection of all contact points throughout our space.
Thank you for your understanding and consideration with all of these changes. We’re excited to be able to provide Portland with floats again, and are determined to do so in as safe a manner as we can. Please reach out to us if you have any further questions or concerns. Float on.